JUSTICE IN HEALTH CARE
VALUES IN CONFLICT
Both the European Association of Centres of Medical Ethics (EACME) and the Borja Institute of Bioethics-Ramon Llull University (Barcelona) organize the 2017 EACME Annual Conference.
The European Association of Centres of Medical Ethics (EACME) is, since its creation in December 1986, an international research and communication network with the aim to promote research, education and consultation in the field of (bio)-medical ethics.
The Borja Institute of Bioethics-Ramon Llull University (Barcelona) was founded in 1976 with the main goal of studying in depth the problems raised by progress in biomedical science and its implications for society and its values, disseminating its findings in specialized publications.
Recent developments in various countries in Europe, like for example austerity measures, lead to concerns about the conflict between justice in health care with various other, economic and political, values. That is why the Programme of 2017 EACME Annual Conference, under the topic “Justice in Health Care – Values in Conflict”, will focus on the following important issues:
– Determinants of Health
- What does health mean? Looking beyond WHO definition
- Lifestyles and health
- Quality of life
- Social expectations and medicalisation of life
- Salutogenesis and health-promotion activities
– Healthcare Systems: at the Service of What?
- Ethical issues in different models of Healthcare Systems
- The role of Primary Care in health systems
- Ethics issues in research with big data
- Designing future healthcare systems
– Justice and Vulnerability
- Social inequalities in health
- Mental health care
- Care for people with disability
- Childcare, Elderly care
- End-of-life care
– The Role of Professionals and Research
- Professionalism and decision-making
- Effects of austerity measures on health care
- Quaternary prevention
- The clinician as a manager of resources
- Continued education
- Responsibility and integrity in research
We are wishing to discuss about all these important questions with you.
We are waiting for you in Barcelona!